If you are seeking new ways to get your students reading and working with challenging, content area texts, Reading Apprenticeship is for you. Join us online this summer to prepare for the 2021–22 school year!
Open to middle school, high school, and college educators of all subject areas:
- Essentials I (June 28–30 or August 4–6) will introduce you to the framework and core routines you can use to develop students’ literacy and social-emotional learning skills.
- Essentials II (June 28–30) will sharpen your content-area teaching and give you new ways to help your students become more aware of, and articulate about, their own strengths and challenges as they read and make sense of complex text.
- Both Essentials courses are highly interactive and combine synchronous and asynchronous work. Participants experience the kinds of text-based, collaborative teaching and learning they will enact with their students.
Asynchronous courses designed with college educators in mind:
- Reading Apprenticeship 101 (June 14–August 1 or September 13–October 31) is designed to provide an introduction to the Reading Apprenticeship framework with practical classroom assignments to “make it real.” Guidance and feedback will be provided to you by colleagues in the course and by a facilitator with extensive Reading Apprenticeship and coaching expertise.
- Reading Apprenticeship in College Writing (June 14–August 8 or September 13–November 7) will deepen your understanding of the Reading Apprenticeship framework, particularly the role of metacognitive conversation in the successful implementation of redesigned college writing courses.
Registration open now! Visit the links above or our services page to learn more.