The Leadership Community of Practice (LCoP) blended learning experience provides in-depth training to lead professional development on your campus. This course will explore how to engage colleagues in collaborative inquiry into the Reading Apprenticeship instructional framework, disciplinary reading processes, and metacognitive conversation.
Note: The 2024-25 Cohort will be fully online and begins with four intensive synchronous sessions in summer. Download the course schedule.
Participants will learn to:
- Engage colleagues in collaborative inquiry into the Reading Apprenticeship instructional framework, disciplinary reading processes, and metacognitive conversation
- Guide colleagues in making the complex, invisible processes they use as expert readers in their disciplines visible and accessible to students
- Support colleagues in transforming their classroom practice to build on students’ strengths as readers and learners
- Evolve Reading Apprenticeship implementation through the discovery of colleagues’ work in their classrooms and institutions
- Create communities of practice that sustain a campus-wide student-centered culture of high-level literacy
- Deepen Reading Apprenticeship classroom practices
Who should attend:
- Higher-ed (university, college, community, and technical college) instructors of any level or subject area whose practice of Reading Apprenticeship is ongoing
- Prerequisite: Completion of a Phase 2 Reading Apprenticeship institute, seminar, or online course
- Teams of two or more are highly recommended
Throughout our intensive online “summer institute” launch and in the online course that follows, participants work through a comprehensive set of training of trainer materials to prepare for and deliver Reading Apprenticeship professional learning for campus faculty members. Teams set their own schedule between these sessions for planning and facilitating professional learning as appropriate in their context. In addition, participants have access to ongoing phone and online coaching and to collaboration with other LCoP members. Download 2024-25 Course Schedule.
- Operating Systems: Windows 7 (and newer), Mac OSX 10.6 (and newer), Linux – Chrome OS
- Computer Speed and Processor: Use a computer not more than 5 years old when possible, 1GB of RAM, 2GHz processor
- Internet Speed: Minimum of 512kbps
Cost & Included Resources
- In-person registration fee: $3500
- Online registration fee: $1750
Included course materials:
- A copy of Leading for Literacy
- Student and classroom case study videos
- Facilitators’ guides for video cases and other key professional development practices
- Binder of training materials and reproducible resources
- Binder of professional readings
- Download access to updated training materials and other resources
Refund policy: We offer full refunds up to two weeks prior to the summer institute start. A 50% refund will be granted if the request to withdraw is received within the two week period before the summer institute begins.