Leading for Literacy in Pennsylvania Classrooms
The Reading Apprenticeship leadership team is excited to announce a free forum on Tuesday, February 14th in Harrisburg, PA. The event will not only celebrate the publication of our new book, Leading for Literacy: A Reading Apprenticeship Approach, but will also include featured speakers who have successfully spread change in disciplinary literacy classroom practice in their schools and districts. The forum will be moderated by Jean Dyszel, Consultant for the State Department of Education, and speakers will include:
- Secretary of Education Dr. Pedro Rivera, Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Ruth Schoenbach, Co-Director of the Strategic Literacy Initiative and Co-Author of Leading for Literacy
- Melissa Devlin, Director of Curriculum, Instruction and Literacy, Antietam School District
- Eric Turman, Principal, Reading Senior High School
- Harley Ramsey, Principal, Otto-Eldred Junior Senior High School
- Nicki Dysart, English Language Arts Teacher, Reading Senior High School
- Alicia Ross, Social Studies Teacher, Blue-Ridge Middle/High School
- Stephanie Sandrock, Instructional Coach, Meadville Middle School
Location: PaTTAN Center, 6340 Flank Drive, Harrisburg, PA 17112
Date: February 14, 2017
Time: 8:30 AM – 10:45 AM
Registration: Visit Eventbrite to register today!
Continental breakfast will be provided.
We hope to see you there!